Denver Vision Therapy COVID-19 Update
We are currently offering remote vision therapy for patients as well as in-office sessions. We have seen great success with remote vision therapy, and it is something we will likely keep as an option moving forward.
With regards to health and safety, we will be taking every precaution to keep our patients and staff safe. We are considered an essential business and we have seen that these policies are successful in reducing the risk of COVID-19 exposure for patients and staff.
· Patients are required to wear a mask that fits in accordance with the CDC’s recommendations. According to the CDC’s recommendations, an adequate mask should have 2 or more layers of washable and breathable fabric, completely cover your nose and mouth, fit snugly against the sides of your face without gaps, and have a nose wire to prevent air from leaking out of the top of a mask. Neck gaiters, mesh/see-through masks, bandanas, or a mask that does not stay over the nose without frequent adjustment are not considered adequate. Your mask must remain over your mouth and nose at all times to be effective. If you have a Letter of Exemption in regards to wearing a mask please call our office at (303) 433-3277 prior to coming in for your appointment. Children 3 years old and younger are exempt from wearing a mask within the office.
· We are requiring all patients to call or text us before entering the office to help maintain the flow of traffic in our waiting area.
· Pediatric patients can come in with only one parent or guardian. Adult patients should come in unaccompanied if possible. Exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.
· All patient areas will be sanitized thoroughly between patients, and high touch surfaces sanitized regularly.
· We have made efforts to space out scheduling to limit the number of patients in the reception room and vision therapy room at the same time.
· When the parent is not in the VT room with their child, they will be asked to wait in their car until the VT session is done.
· Patients will be required to answer our COVID-19 Risk Assessment Questionnaire prior to their appointment to ensure they are eligible to come into the office.
· All staff will adhere to the same guidelines as stated as patients, and will not come into the office if they have had any exposure to anyone who has been sick, or if they feel ill themselves.
Thank you for your understanding during these trying times!